Within the wake of the 2016 presidential election, a lot has been stated about America’s tradition. Whereas some have attributed President Trump’s victory to his skill to resonate with individuals who share a selected set of values, I’m inclined to suppose it had extra to do together with his skill to attach with Individuals who need change. In different phrases, his supporters didn’t vote for him as a result of he embodied every little thing they believed in; as an alternative, they voted for him as a result of they believed he would result in change and enhance their lives. Because of this cultural shift, however-and maybe as a response towards it-it has grow to be extra essential than ever for organizations throughout all industries to give attention to constructing cultures primarily based on shared values quite than particular person ones.
America’s nationwide identification is formed by its core values and beliefs.
The core values that outline America are what make it distinctive. They’re additionally what make America nice, sturdy and completely different from different nations.
- Perception in freedom and equality for all folks;
- Respect for the rule of legislation;
- Dedication to non-public accountability;
- Work ethic and self-reliance;
And lots of extra!
The Land of the Free, House of the Courageous
America is without doubt one of the freest nations on the planet. The Declaration of Independence proclaimed that “all males are created equal,” and our Founding Fathers believed that each one residents ought to have sure rights. These embody freedom of speech, faith, and the press; freedom to bear arms; voting rights for males (and later ladies); honest trials; privateness safety from authorities searches with out possible trigger; due course of rights reminiscent of being knowledgeable of prices towards you and being allowed to defend your self if accused; equal safety underneath the legislation no matter race or gender–and even whether or not you’re a citizen!
A Nation of Many Cultures
America is a land of many cultures. This variety is considered one of our best strengths as a nation, and it’s additionally what makes us distinctive. We’re proud to be Individuals, however we don’t suppose which means we now have to be precisely like everybody else.
We consider that in case you are keen to work arduous sufficient and put within the effort, you may obtain your goals–it doesn’t matter what these goals could also be!
America of America is a wealthy tapestry made up of many cultures, traditions and faiths.
America is a wealthy tapestry made up of many cultures, traditions and faiths. America of America is a nation of immigrants who got here right here to begin over and make higher lives for themselves. Our nation was based on the precept that each one males are created equal. Because of this nobody must be judged by their pores and skin colour or nationality relating to alternatives in life; as an alternative, they need to be judged primarily based on their character and skills alone.
This variety has formed as we speak’s tradition as a result of it permits folks from completely different backgrounds to share their experiences with one another by artwork kinds reminiscent of music or movie which may then encourage others round them who could not have had comparable experiences earlier than hand
The American Dream Outlined
The American Dream is the concept anybody can obtain success by arduous work. It’s an idea, not a actuality. The American Dream isn’t nearly cash; it’s about freedom and alternative as properly–the notion that anybody could be something they need to be in America, if they only apply themselves. The concept of upward mobility is central to this concept: in case you work arduous sufficient at one thing, you’ll succeed indirectly or one other–whether or not it’s financially or socially (or each).
The time period was first utilized by James Truslow Adams in 1931 in his ebook “The Epic of America”:
“A land the place life must be higher and richer and fuller for everybody.”
Equal Alternative for All?
Some persons are born into a greater scenario than others. Some folks have extra alternatives than others. Some folks must work more durable than others to succeed.
Some persons are born with extra benefits than others, whereas some are born with much less benefits and face higher challenges in life.
Range at Work; Why It Issues for Enterprise Success
As an employer, you already know that variety is essential for enterprise success. You need to be sure that your office is inclusive and welcoming–and this may be difficult if you’re undecided tips on how to implement these values in observe.
With a purpose to get began with implementing variety at work, it’s essential to grasp precisely why it issues for enterprise success:
- Range helps with drawback fixing by bringing completely different views into the room. When folks come from completely different backgrounds and experiences, they’ll method issues in another way than another person would possibly who has had comparable experiences as them (or doesn’t). This makes them stronger as a group as a result of they’ve extra choices obtainable when fixing issues collectively!
- Range helps with retention by bettering morale amongst staff who really feel like they belong at their jobs as a result of everybody round them respects their variations in addition to appreciates having them round as a result of these variations add worth quite than subtracting from what might in any other case be thought of an “preferrred candidate.” As well as, having extra ladies in management positions improves morale amongst feminine employees’ confidence ranges which leads immediately in direction of increased productiveness ranges over time due -again- in direction of those self same emotions of belongingness being strengthened over time by repeated interactions between coworkers/supervisors alike.”
Regardless of our variations, there are some shared values that unite us as Individuals.
America is a rustic with a wealthy historical past and tradition. Whether or not you’re from the East Coast or the West Coast, you share many values with different Individuals. You might not all the time agree on every little thing, however there are some issues that unite us as Individuals:
- We’re all residents of this nice nation. We share its historical past and its future collectively
- All of us have completely different backgrounds, experiences, beliefs and concepts–however these variations don’t outline us as people or communities; they make us stronger by permitting us to be taught from one another
- Our variations make us distinctive; our similarities deliver us collectively
We’re a nation that’s wealthy in tradition and variety. That’s why it’s so essential for us to rejoice our widespread values and beliefs as Individuals. The American Dream is without doubt one of the issues that unites us all, irrespective of the place we come from or what faith we observe. We consider in equality for all folks, no matter race or gender; this perception has led to historic achievements like ladies getting the best vote or homosexual marriage changing into authorized throughout all states!